The EHO-MINI Rehabilitation device
is a high-class medical device designed to register and wirelessly transmit 3-channel ECG records in the process of cardiac rehabilitation. The device is intended mainly for personal use (at patient's home), but it can also be used in outpatient settings. The device is simple to operate and it does not require additional medical training of the user.
The device can be used as a part of the whole Cardiac Rehabilitation System
helping patients to undergo safe and effective cardiac rehabilitation in order to quickly resume normal everyday and professional activity after heart attack, heart failure or cardiac surgery. The system consists of:
- EHO Mini Rehabilitation device
- blood pressure monitor
- BT-HUB (router for scales and blood pressure monitor)
- CardioPortal Telemedical Platform
EHO-MINI Rehabilitation device can interchangeably register:
- any 3 precordial leads (selected from V1-V6)
- 6 limb leads and one freely selected precordial lead.
The physician, based on the individual assessment of the respective patient, has the ability to remotely alter the configuration of the measured leads (change limb leads to precordial ones), which is of additional diagnostic value. The ECG record is automatically transmitted through the built-in communication module that utilizes the GSM digital cellular telephone network. The ECG registration is executed continuously in a loop. The ECG record length is set up by the physician. There is also a possibility of set up intervals between individual records in the range of 60 seconds to 60 minutes.
The tele-rehabilitation session consists of the following activities repeated every day:
- preliminary examinations, e.g. arterial blood pressure, body weight measurements,
- performing an ECG before starting the exercise (qualifying test for the patient for the session),
- picking up the phone from the Monitoring Center (medical center) and answering a questionnaire regarding the health condition and well-being of the patient by phone,
- after being admitted to the session, the ECG registration beginning the session,
- performance of several cycles of exercise, ECGs registration and rests, as instructed by the device.
During the session the device will notify the patient about the current task to perform (EXERCISE, ECG, REST). After completing the set of exercise cycles (intervals), the device automatically establishes a connection with the Monitoring Center, transmitting the recorded ECG data and optionally other measurements, e.g. arterial blood pressure, body weight and blood oxygen saturation level.